“Solids,” or non-flying, carved scale models developed during the 1930s and came into their own during World War II. Here’s 5 solid kits, all dating from 1935-1946, in the museum’s collection.
1) Megow Glen Martin Clipper, 1935
2) Megow Curtiss Helldiver, 1942
3) Burkard Grumman F4F Wildcat, c. 1942-1945
4) Eagle Model Aircraft Corp, Ercoupe, c. 1942-1945.
5) Aircraft, Boeing P-26A, c. 1942-1945
For more information on the National Model Aviation Museum, including our location, hours and admission fees visit: www.modelaircraft.org/museum