We’re adding something new to AMA’s annual October Build Month… 11 more months!
We know many of you are already planning your winter build projects, so why not share your project with us and have a chance to win something, too! We want our members to start a build this month, document the build over the next 11 months, and enter to win one of three great prizes. The first place winner will receive a choice of two model kits from Old School Model Works, second prize is an AMA Golf Shirt, and third prize is an AMA Baseball Cap. It’s that simple.
How the contest will work:
- Contestants will choose a flying model aircraft kit to build (scale, sport, control line, free flight, etc.).
- Take a photo with you and your kit at the beginning of the build.
- Take additional notes and photos along the way to document your build progress.
- After completing your model aircraft, take a short video of it flying to share on social media.
- Three judges will review all submitted build projects along with contestants’ photos, notes, and flight videos. Judging will be based on build quality, creative designs, stories, and flight.
- The top three winner’s projects and a selection of other submissions will be shared next year during October’s AMA Air episode.
- This is a BUILD contest. Aircraft should be kits, not an ARFs. However, exceptions can be made for large ARFs with multiple pieces and we will also consider entries for rebuilt aircraft. Approval from AMA representative is required. *
- Build must begin and documented before the end of 2023 and completed/flown by September 15th, 2024.
- Entries must be submitted/emailed by September 15th, 2024.
- Contestant must provide at least eight photos during the build and one flight video.
- Contestant must be an active AMA member.
- Contestant will submit email including name, AMA number, kit/build information, photos, and video link to: Lee Ray / firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Place: Old School Model Works is providing a balsa kit for the winner. The choice of either their Ghost or Lark kits.
- Second Place: AMA 8667 Dakota Steel Gray Heather
- Third Place: AMA 8500 Series Dyed Cap
We look forward to seeing all submissions and sharing them next year during our 2024 October Build Month AMA Air episode. Good luck!
* – For more information or questions, please contact Lee Ray / email@example.com.
#IFlyAMA #ModelAviation #IBuildAMA #BuildProject