AMA recently participated in an FAA and Department of Transportation (DOT) listening session regarding UAS policy, rulemaking, and implementation. The meeting was hosted by the Association of Uncrewed Vehicles Systems International (AUVSI). Presenters included AMA, AUVSI, Skydio, Wing, Boeing, Amazon, NUAIR, Zipline, Commercial Drone Alliance, and Small UAV Coalition.
Attendees from the FAA and DOT included:
- Deputy Administrator, FAA
- Senior Advisor, Office of the Deputy Administrator, FAA
- Deputy Assistant Secretary for Climate Policy, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Transportation Policy, DOT
- Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Aviation and International Affairs, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Aviation and International Affairs, DOT
- Senior Advisor, Research & Technology, DOT
- Under Secretary of Transportation for Policy, Office of the Secretary, DOT
- Executive Director, Office of UAS Integration, FAA
- Deputy General Counsel, DOT
- Program Manager for Public Engagement, DOT
- Assistant Administrator for Policy, International Affairs, and Environment, FAA
- Director of Public Engagement and Senior Advisor to the Secretary, DOT
- Deputy Director, Office of Aviation Analysis, and Executive Lead for Aviation Policy, DOT
- Aviation Policy Coordinator, DOT
- Senior Advisor for Innovation, DOT
Topics discussed included fixed flying site locations, Remote ID implementation, and streamlining approval processes, among others. This session provided AMA the opportunity to discuss the challenges and frustrations facing our hobby with the regulating agencies overseeing it. It is important that we take every opportunity available to educate the leaders within these agencies as we continue to represent the recreational community and protect the hobby in general.
To remain current with the most recent government-related news, regularly visit the AMA Government Affairs blog.
If you have any further questions or concerns, contact the Government Affairs department at (765) 287-1256 or email@example.com.