On April 29, 2023, explore drone safety events in the community and industry during the fifth consecutive Drone Safety Day! Launched in 2019, Drone Safety Day is an annual campaign dedicated to increasing awareness on the importance of practicing safe drone operations. Your passion for ensuring that drone operators can fly safely has had a clear impact in our efforts for drone integration. We would be honored to have you participate in this year’s Drone Safety Day by hosting an event, creating content, or participating virtually.
This year, we are encouraging current and future drone enthusiasts to “Fly RIGHT:”
- Register your drone—Visit the FAA DroneZone.
- Interact with others—Join a Community-Based Organization.
- Gain knowledge—Learn the rules at www.faa.gov/uas.
- Have a safety plan—Use the B4UFLY app.
- Trust and Train—Take the safety test and get flying.
AMA’s Tyler Dobbs will be on Instagram live with the FAA on Friday, April 28 at 1 p.m. ET. Tyler will be discussing the purpose and benefits that Community-Based Organizations provide to recreational and educational fliers.