AMA has met with seven congressional offices throughout the past couple of weeks, with more meetings planned in the coming days. Discussed during each meeting was the waiver process request for AMA clubs with flying fields that fall within the parameters of the Presidential Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs) for Wilmington and Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. AMA has been successful in receiving TFR event waivers in years past but would like to see a more permanent waiver process for day-to-day operations instituted.
Below is a list of the congressional offices AMA met regarding President Biden’s NOTAM/TFR:
- Pennsylvania Senator Bob Casey
- Representative Madeleine Dean, Pennsylvania’s 4th District
- Representative Mary Gay Scanlon, Pennsylvania’s 5th District
- Representative Chrissy Houlahan, Pennsylvania’s 6th District
- Representative Lloyd Smucker, Pennsylvania’s 11th District
- Representative Donald Norcross, New Jersey’s 1st District
- Representative Jefferson Van Drew, New Jersey’s 2nd District
To remain current with the most recent government-related news, regularly visit the AMA Government Affairs blog.
If you have any further questions or concerns, contact the Government Affairs department at (765) 287-1256 or firstname.lastname@example.org.