The 2020 Flying Site Improvement Grant (FSIG) online application opens October 1, 2019. Since 2002, the AMA has financially supported more than 400 clubs in their site improvement efforts. That’s over half a million dollars in grant funds to clubs. The AMA, in conjunction with the AMA Foundation, is proud of our record of giving, and we are eager to share how we’ve improved the FSIG guidelines and application process for members. See below for what’s new for 2020!
- New final application deadline, February 1 of each year
- Revised application requirements and updated grant guidelines
- Clubs can now request 25 percent of their project costs (an increase from 10 percent in previous years), up to $3,000!
- Clubs can now apply for the Flying Site Improvement Grant every year!
- Clubs have the opportunity to submit an optional complete draft of their application in early January for preliminary feedback from the Grants and Programs Coordinator and the club’s designated District Vice President.
- The online application is new and improved, featuring a save button so applicants can work in stages!
To learn more or apply for the 2020 grant, visit modelaircraft.org/site-grant. For questions, please contact Kelsie Walker, Grants and Programs Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-287-1256 x279.